In the past in New Zealand a lot of hazardous materials were used in building materials, i.e. lead and asbestos. Some buildings still have these materials.
Hazardous substances are still used in building and also in cleaning products etc today.
Both of these items need to be considered and plans put in place as to how they are dealt with at Playcentre Aotearoa.
If you suspect a child has ingested parts of a poisonous plant or other poison or hazardous material immediately contact the National Poisons and Hazardous Chemical Information Centre Urgent Phoneline 24 hours a day seven days a week on 0800 POISON/ 0800 764 766.