Information last updated 7 September 2020
Alert Level 1 guidance
For the most part Alert Level 1 is very much a return to business as usual for you with good hygiene practices, with people who are unwell staying away remaining a priority.
Under Alert Level 1:
- Indoor minimum temperature returns to 16 degrees Celsius although 18 degrees is recommended where practical.
- No restrictions on personal movement, so all children and staff continue to be safe to go to their service
- No requirement to keep a contact tracing register – continue to display your QR code and encourage members and visitors to use this as well as signing in via the tablet
- Physical distancing is not a requirement but where possible or practicable is encouraged when you are around people you don’t know.
- No restrictions on numbers at gatherings or on physical activities including cultural and sporting activities, practices and events.
Centres should also:
- Ask people to stay home when unwell (and to phone Healthline on 0800 611 116 or their GP to get tested if they have cold or flu symptoms).
- Regularly wash and dry hands, and follow good cleaning and hygiene practices
- Encourage good sneeze/cough etiquette
- Regularly disinfect shared surfaces.
At all levels, upon advice from the local medical officer of health, any educational facilities connected to a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19 must close on an individual or group basis for 72 hours to allow contact tracing, and then potentially for a further 14 days.
You can find further Ministry of Education guidance and licensing information here – Health and safety in licensed early learning services and kōhanga reo COVID-19 GUIDANCE FOR ALERT LEVELS 1 – 4