The COVID-19 Short-term Absence Payment has recently become available to allow us to claim reimbursement for any salary payments made to our employees who cannot work from home while they wait for a COVID-19 test result.
Where you have a staff member who is required to self-isolate and who is therefor unable to work their normal hours this is the process that you should follow:
The employee should:
- claim their normal working hours in Timefiler
- advise their centre president/centre advisor and their Regional Support Lead that they are required to stay home until they have a clear test and provide any supporting paperwork they have received. They should provide the date of their test which must be after 9 February 2021.
- If the test is not for the employee then a confirmation that either they are the parent or caregiver of a dependant who is staying home while waiting test results or are a household member or secondary contact of someone who is a close contact of a person with COVID-19 and they have been advised to stay home while waiting for the close contacts test results.
- Confirm the dates that they were not able to work (that they would have normally)
- Confirm their full name
- Provide their date of birth and IRD number
The Regional Support Lead or Manager should:
- Confirm the the employee was not able to work from home.
- Advise Finance by emailing Kim Armstrong – Accounts Administrator of the details of days taken including the supporting information provided by the Employee as shown in blue above.
- Approve the Timefiler hours.
- Claim the payment from the Government
- Refund the Centre when the funds are received and advise the Regional Support Lead that the payment has been refunded