Te Whānau Tupu Ngātahi o Aotearoa – Playcentre Aotearoa is proud to support Te Wiki o te Reo Māori – Māori Language Week.
For the third year running we have a Te Wiki o te Reo Māori whakataetae – competition to win a Playcentre Shop Prize Pack (pictured below), as supporting the revitalisation of Te Reo Māori is what we’re all about!
Te Wiki o te Reo Māori is an event which really brings our Centres together to celebrate Aotearoa and one of its three official languages, so gather your tamariki, whānau and friends and celebrate Te Wiki o te Reo Māori with us!
As a Centre what are some actions that could fit the waiata Poi Atu Rā? What’s a good action for whiua tō mauri? What’s a good action for kanikani taku poi?
Share your actions with us. Send us video, images or another creative, in Instagram format and we’ll repost these on the Playcentre website and Playcentre Youtube page.
Share your video sending us a small file (less than 20Mb). You can do this as an attachment to [email protected]
Entries Open: 13 September 2022
Entries Close: 5pm, 1 October 2022
If it’s a large file, send us a link to a publicly accessible file. For example, entries can be uploaded onto a YouTube account with the privacy option on ‘Public’. Or send a link to a file in your school Google drive, set it to ‘Anyone with a link’, as ‘Viewer’. Please do not send in large source files. Make sure you provide us with the name of your Centre and contact details in the email you send us.
*All entrants consent to participate and co-operate as required in all promotional activities relating to the Competition or Giveaway.
The following Terms and Conditions apply to all Giveaways and Competitions, in addition to any special terms and conditions, which will be published through Playcentre Aotearoa channels at the time when the respective Giveaway and Competition will be promoted. By entering a Competition or Giveaway, entrants are deemed to have read, understood and accepted the following general Terms and Conditions.
Competitions and Giveaways
1. Competition and Giveaway prizes are given to a number of entrants selected by the Playcentre Aotearoa Kaiwhakahaere Māori.
2. Entries received after the specified closing date will not be accepted. Proof of posting or emailing cannot be accepted as proof of delivery.
3. Every entrant warrants that all information submitted is true, current and complete. Playcentre Aotearoa reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who does not comply with these terms and conditions.
4. Competitions and Giveaways are open to Playcentre Aotearoa Centres, one entry per Centre unless otherwise stated. A person can only enter once on behalf of their Centre. Any multiple entries will result in an entrant being disqualified.
Entries, selection, prizes
5. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact Competition and Giveaway winners using details provided on their entry. Should those attempts fail, another winner will be drawn or selected.
6. Prizes are not redeemable for cash, transferable to any other person, and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion.
7. If a prize or part of a prize becomes unavailable (for any reason), Playcentre Aotearoa reserves the right to limit entries, cancel or amend the prizes at its own and sole discretion, including providing the winner with a substitute prize, either in full or in part.
8. The winning Centre will be notified in advance if prizes are sent by courier. Couriers are instructed to have all prizes signed for on receipt. Failure to obtain a signature will result in the prize being returned to Playcentre Aotearoa and another winner may be drawn/selected.
9. Playcentre Aotearoa decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. All entrants consent to participate and co-operate as required in all promotional activities relating to the Competition or Giveaway.
11. Entries will not be returned. All information provided by the entrants will be collected, used, stored, disclosed and corrected in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993. All entrants have the right to access their information and request for any personal information to be corrected. You can request this information from the Playcentre Aotearoa Māori Development Manager.
12. The following persons are not eligible to win any prize:
13. Playcentre Aotearoa reserves the right to exclude any entrant from participating at its sole discretion. Playcentre Aotearoa also reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to an entrant who is in breach of these Terms and Conditions, gained an unfair advantage in participating or won by using fraudulent means.
14. Playcentre Aotearoa will not be liable for any loss, damage, costs (for instance incurred in accepting or redeeming a prize) or any injury whatsoever suffered by an entrant as a result of or in connection with the Competition or Giveaway, including any inability to enter, complete or continue the competition or giveaway due to equipment or technical malfunction.
15. Playcentre Aotearoa reserves the right to amend or change these Terms and Conditions at any time at its sole discretion, including extending, postponing or cancelling the Competition or Giveaway.
16. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand Courts.