Location and hours:
Located in the Far North. Specific hours worked will be decided in consultation with the Regional Manager.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Providing advice and support to Playcentre’s in the Upper North Island Region;
- Role modelling and encouraging implementation of Playcentre philosophy and good practice in centres;
- Leading preparation for Ministry or Education Review Office visits;
- Responsible for ensuring that day to day actions are carried out to support compliance with Statutory requirements;
- Conducting Personal Appraisals with centre paid staff, including goal setting, supporting and monitoring progress, and completing annual reporting, consulting with the Centre President where appropriate.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of Early Childhood Education legislation and licensing requirements.
- Playcentre experience or knowledge is essential.
- Comfortable in a leadership role and displays honesty, discretion, sensitivity, self-discipline and resilience.
- Good relationship management skills – proven ability to interact effectively and confidently with a range of stakeholders.
- Well-developed influencing skills which support achievement of effective outcomes by/with stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Organised – excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Flexibility to travel and work remotely as required from time to time.
- Experience of Playcentre or Early Childhood environment essential.
- Understanding cooperative working environments and how to maximise efficiencies and allocate resources effectively.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Open until the position is filled.
How to apply:
For further information, a position description or to apply for this role, please contact Human Resources – mailto: [email protected] Please use “UNI Centre Advisor – Far North” in the subject line, ensuring you state the region you are applying for.