The Centre Advisor supports centres by:
- Providing advice and support to Playcentres in the Hutt Valley area
- Role modelling and encouraging implementation of Playcentre philosophy and good practice in centres
- Leading preparation for Ministry or Education Review Office visits
- Ensuring that day to day actions are carried out to support compliance with Statutory requirements
- Promoting the health of each centre
- Managing centre-based employees
- Liaising with the Regional Office and the Centre
1 April 2022
19 August 2022
Various centres in the Hutt Valley and working from home
Days & Hours:
16 hours per week. Term time only.
What will you bring?
- Excellent relationship management skills – proven ability to interact effectively and confidently with a range of stakeholders
- Knowledge of Te Whāriki, Early Childhood Education legislation, and MOE licensing criteria
- An understanding of te ao Māori, including an appreciation of mātauranga Māori, tikanga Māori and te reo Māori.
- An understanding of the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and how they relate to Playcentre
- Well-developed influencing skills which support achievement of effective outcomes
- Proficiency in keyboard skills and experience with Microsoft Office
- Intelligence, an inquisitive mind, a can-do attitude, and a good sense of humour
- Accuracy and attention to detail as well as the ability to see the whole picture
- Flexibility and the ability to deal with issues as they arise
- An ease of being in a leadership role with honesty, discretion, sensitivity, self-discipline, and resilience
- Sound judgement, a great work ethic and ability to work independently.
23 March 2022
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
How to apply:
For further information, a position description or to apply for this role, please contact ‘[email protected]’. Please include “LNI – CA Hutt” in the subject line.