We are looking for Facilitators and / or Commenters to join our Playcentre Education teaching team in Southland, Otago and South Canterbury .
Closing date: Open – we are always seeking expressions of interest in all locations.
Playcentre Education teaching staff deliver the adult education programme. Playcentre Education is the PTE (tertiary private training establishment) of Playcentre Aotearoa.
Facilitators provide workshops to support the learning for students.
Commenters provide supportive, encouraging and relevant feedback or guidance on student work/assessment tasks.
Both are casual part time roles.
These roles are available across Aotearoa New Zealand.
Facilitators can indicate their preference for the area in which they would be available to work. Workshops typically take place at a Playcentre venue, preparation will occur at home.
Commenters place of work is at your own discretion but will generally be assumed to be at your normal place of residence and you will need to have their own internet access.
The Employee is employed on a casual as required basis and may agree to work if asked or may decline with each offer to facilitate or comment. Workshop events are generally a 4 hour engagement plus travel. Commenting tasks are to be completed within 2 weeks of receipt of tasks and the time allocated depends on the size and complexity of the task generally being between 20 mins and an hour per task per student.
Both roles: Facilitator and Commenter
• Qualifications equivalent to or higher than the courses being delivered or commented on. For PIA at least Course 3, for PEA and above at least a level 5 ECE qualification this includes the Playcentre Course 4 or have qualifications and experience relevant to a specific topic
• Sound current knowledge of topics facilitating or commenting on
• Enthusiasm for and commitment to Playcentre philosophy and Te Tiriti o Waitangi
• Good time management
• Good communication skills – Listen actively and communicate effectively with others in a respectful tone and manner
• Self management – meet deadlines and time frames
• Management of records, attendance, evaluation, claims
• Ability to accept and provide feedback in a constructive and considerate way
• Good facilitation skills and workshop management
• Be able to write clearly and concisely
Open – We are always seeking expressions of interest in all locations.
Contact your regional Education Co-ordinator. Education contacts details are on the Playcentre website.