Woolston Playcentre, 29 Portman St, Woolston, Christchurch 8062
3.5 hours per week. During term time only
Term 3, 2021
The ideal candidate will:
- Have completed or currently enrolled in the Playcentre Course 4, an equivalent ECE qualification, or higher.
- Be actively working towards or have completed Playcentre Course 4, an equivalent ECE qualification or higher.
- Hold a current First Aid Certificate or be prepared to complete this.
- Be prepared to facilitate across multiple centres.
Desirable skills and experience include:
- A passion for working with new babies and children (aged up to 6 years) alongside parents and caregivers;
- Knowledge and understanding of the value of Playcentre and its philosophy;
- Knowledge and commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and using Te Reo on session;
- Knowledge and understanding of how to apply Te Whāriki;
- Having great interpersonal and communication skills, with confidence speaking within a group:
- Having completed prior Babies Can Play (Space) training will be advantageous but is not necessary.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Friday 30th July 2021
How to apply:
For more information, position descriptions or to apply with your CV and Cover Letter, please contact: [email protected] Please use “USI – Programme Facilitator – Support” in the subject line.