Island Bay Playcentre in Wellington is looking for a motivated person who is enthusiastic, fun loving and creative to join their parent-led team on Tuesday and Wednesday for Term 2 and 3.
Closing date: 5pm Tuesday 9th April 2019
Island Bay Playcentre is based on the South Coast of Wellington. We provide unique and high-quality learning experiences for young children (aged 0-6) and their families to play and grow together. We have great facilities that are centrally located in Island Bay Village, on a bus route and operate 4 sessions a week on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Fridays.
We are looking for a motivated person who is enthusiastic, fun loving and creative to join our parent-led team on Tuesday and Wednesday for Term 2 and 3. The ideal candidate must be at least Playcentre course 2 or PEA qualified for licensing. Most importantly would have a great sense of humour, be reliable and flexible, and be committed to providing the best possible care and education of our tamariki.
Temporary Part-time Position for Terms 2 and 3. Tuesday and Wednesday 8.45am – 12.45pm (4 hours per session) 8 hours per week, plus up to 2 hours planning per school term to attend an evening planning meeting (LEAP Meeting)
The successful applicant will have:
* passion for Playcentre and our philosophy
* a warm and nurturing manner; respectful of the interests and capabilities of all whanau
* easy going and willing to support our parent led duty team
* great interpersonal and communication skills with all ages and a willingness to incorporate Te Reo Maori into session
* qualified to Playcentre Course Level 3 or equivalent is desired, a minimum of Playcentre Course Level 2 or PEA is required
* knowledge of Island Bay Playcentre would be beneficial, however we would welcome someone new to our community.
Application close 5pm Tuesday 9th April 2019.
Please email Philippa [email protected] for an application form. If you have any questions, please phone Philippa on 021 570 834. Click on www.playcentre.org.nz to find out more about Playcentre.