Come Join Us!
Our village becomes your village at Playcentre: fun and friendship for you and your children with experiences that last a lifetime. Established in 1972, Coatesville Playcentre is well connected within the Coatesville community. Our extensive grounds are in a peaceful, rural setting beside the Coatesville Reserve where we enjoy nature walks and pony visits. With multiple areas of play set up each day, our children are able to discover and make their own choices about play and activities including messy play, sand, water, paint, clay, collage, cooking, blocks, music, books, face painting in a safe and familiar environment.
How Does Playcentre Work?
Playcentre is a licensed early childhood education service for children 0-6 years of age. Children at Playcentre will grow in confidence as they transfer their knowledge, skills and dispositions from one learning experience to another through endless activities and interactions. Each child has the chance to find their voice and their strengths at Playcentre. Our parents and whānau are actively involved in providing our children’s learning programmes. The high adult to child ratio allows a good balance for group and individual support during each session. Unlike many other centres, we currently have no minimum attendance requirements.
Sessions & Hours
• Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday 9:15am – 12:45pm, enrolled sessions.
• Friday messy play 10:30am – 12:30pm, casual session. For more information, visit https://www.facebook.com/groups/528115459024376/
• On Thursday mornings we host SPACE for babies. This is separate to our Playcentre sessions https://www.playcentre.org.nz/whatwedo/space-at-playcentre/
• $60 donation per term per family. As we are a registered charity you can claim a third back as a tax credit.
• $10 per family per session for messy play Fridays. This is free for our members or $8 for those who are casually enrolled.
Contact us or book a visit
• Book a visit by messaging our Facebook page or by emailing [email protected]
Before you join, we offer three free visits so you can check us out, and see if you’d like to join our whānau!