Swanson Playcentre is a parent co-operative with a child-led play philosophy; as parents we run a centre which teaches life skills through play. Our whole ethos has always been about supporting parents to understand how children can thrive and learn in a relaxed and supportive environment. We are dedicated to the understanding that play is learning and that creativity is central to child development. We are a community where people make life-long friends and find a strong community. It’s a community where adults can learn alongside children.
We pride ourselves in leading our children’s early education through their play as an alternative to teacher-led play where the children have freedom of choice in their activities with a large variety of play areas encompassing Physically Active Play, Sand and Water Play, Fantasy and Family Imaginative Play, Carpentry, Paint, Playdough and Collage, Messy Play and the list goes on!
Our role as parents is to play alongside our own and other children and to interact with them whilst providing them with nurturing support and guidance, and the encouragement to become independent individuals who belong to an amazing loving family within our Playcentre.
Swanson Playcentre welcomes everyone and we offer you:
- 3 free visits
- Lots of laughter, fun and friendships
- Learning through Play
- A Licenced Early Childhood Education provider
- A supportive family and community of all cultures
- High Adult to Child Ratios (1:2)
- Free quality Adult Education
- Mixed age sessions: 0 – 6 years
- Committed to Te Tiriti O Waitangi and Bi-Culturalism
- Whānau/family Co-operative
- A session time of 2 1/2 hours
- A safe place to have FUN with your children