Growing rock (or table) salt crystals
Rock Salt (or table salt)
Fishing wire or thin thread
1. Pour hot water into the cup.
2. Pour a spoonful of salt into the cup of water and stir.
3. Repeat step two until salt starts appearing on the bottom of the cup after stirring.
4. Tie a piece of fishing wire or thread onto the centre of the ruler.
5. Place the ruler over the top of the cup with the thread submerged in water.
6. Leave everything in a room temperature environment for at least a day. (We left ours for
weeks and it kept growing!).