WHAT IS WOOD HATTON PLAYCENTRE?
* We are a parent-lead early childhood education centre situated in Wainuiomata for all tamariki up to age 6.
* Playcentre believes that tamariki learn through play and that parents and whanau are the best people to provide for the growing needs of their children.
* ‘whānau tupu ngātahi , families growing together’ – along with friendships, community and whanaungatanga you will access free adult education , the the PlayCentre Early Childhood Education Certificate
* Playcentre is actively managed, operated and supervised by parents, mothers, fathers, grandparents, caregivers and other whānau (family) members.
* We offer a self-selected play programme where children choose the area they wish to work at; there are sixteen areas of play.
We are open during the four primary school terms on the following days.
* Rāhina Monday 9:15am to 11.45am
* Raapa Wednesday 9.15am – 1.15pm
* Rāpare Thursday 9.15am – 11.45am
* Rāmere Friday 9.15am – 11.45am pm
(note these may change during the year)
Please see our Facebook page for FAQs, and contact us via Facebook or email to arrange your free visit, we look forward to hearing from you!