Kia ora Playcentre whānau
We look forward to spending quality time with representatives at 2019 Tāngata Tiriti Hui at Tapu Te Ranga Marae in Wellington, 14- 16 June, 2019.
Our budget allows a maximum of 40 representatives (40 x $611.75 – this is the average total cost per attendee which includes any children that may be registered. This cost includes travel). We are aware that the number of clusters is much larger than 40 but need to work within our budget, and avoid spending more of our children’s valuable money. We are limited to the first 40 registrations so we strongly suggest neighbouring clusters group together choosing one representative to attend hui, hopefully ensuring areas from all over New Zealand can register and be represented.
Dates to diary:
- Online registration for Tāngata Tiriti Hui 2019 will go live in the March Playcentre Bulletin so now’s your chance to discuss with your cluster who your representative will be!
- Tāngata Tiriti Hui 2019 papers will be distributed prior to the Term 2 Cluster meeting week (20-24th May). Please ensure centres and Rōpū Māori participating in your Cluster meetings have read these and come to your Term 2 cluster meeting ready to discuss so your representative is prepared for hui a few weeks later.
Reminder (for representatives):
Playcentre needs you to:
- be the voice of Playcentre tamariki & whānau;
- discuss and find wriggle room with your Cluster attendees before you come to Hui;
- understand the NZ Playcentre Federation Philosophy as a whole, and the be aware of the new Playcentre Aotearoa constitution – these and our Āta principles will be our main terms of reference at Hui.
Ngā mihi nui
Ruth, Michelle and Tiso
Tāngata Tiriti Trustees